Mark your calendars — we’ve got an exciting, jam-packed week coming up! Upcoming events within the next 10 days include: (1) Wrapping up the Pee Wee Mini Golf revamp; (2) Rio Nido’s “National Night Out” celebration; (3) Super-Important Rio Nido Task Force Meeting; (4) RNHOA Golf Tournament; (5) Marshmallow Roast; (6) Pancake Breakfast; and (7) Art Show
For details, please read below:
- Sunday August 1st, 10:00am-3:00pm, volunteer day at Pee Wee Mini Golf (you know where): Grab a paint brush and come on down to Pee Wee Mini Golf so we can finish painting in time for the upcoming big weekend on August 7th and 8th! It already looks pretty danged fabulous, thanks to last week’s painting crew (Kim Holliday, Matt Malik, J. Mullineaux, Randie Watson, Kathy DeBrito, Richard Grace, Gigi Grace, and myself), along with lovely paints and tub full of cold bottled water. from Doug Misner and Susie Merkel from the RNHOA. For those of you who’ve said you’d love to help but couldn’t make it last week, now’s your chance! Thank you.
- Tuesday August 3rd, 6:30pm, Rio Nido’s “National Night Out” (Rio Nido Roadhouse): Join your neighbors, the Sheriff Dept. and the Fire Dept. for a fun and festive celebration of our community at “National Night Out — America’s night out against crime.” FREE hamburgers, hot dogs, lemonade, and ice water will be served. Please bring a potluck dish and/or some marshmallows for roasting. Sponsored by the Rio Nido Road House and the Rio Nido Home Owners Association. National Night Out is designed to strengthen neighborhood spirit and encourage crime prevention. If you’d like to spread the word, please download our National Night Out flier (formatted as a PDF), print it out, & pass it along to your friends & neighbors.
- Saturday August 7th, SUPER-IMPORTANT Rio Nido Task Force Meeting, 11:00am (Rio Nido Roadhouse): If you care about our community’s future and have ideas about improving the quality of life here in Rio Nido, we NEED you to come to this meeting! Large amounts of Redevelopment funds are available, and representatives from the County Development Commission and the Russian River Redevelopment Oversight Committee will be present to hear our ideas and make presentations. Existing proposals from the County-appointed Rio Nido Improvements Task Group (created as a liaison between the CDC and the RNTF) will also be discussed. Please note that Redevelopment funds for the Russian River Project Area are set aside from the property taxes we ALL pay – either directly as property owners, or indirectly as tenants.
- Saturday August 7th, RNHOA Golf Tournament, 10:00am-2:00pm (Northwood Golf Course): 10AM Continuous start. 2-Person Scramble Format. $90 per player. Includes: 18 holes, golf cart, tee prizes and a BBQ at Rio Nido Roadhouse. HOLE SPONSORS are still needed for $50 each, at the 1st and $25 2nd-9th holes.
- Saturday August 7th, Marshmallow Roast and Outdoor Movie, 6:30pm-9:30pm (Rio Nido Home Owners Association Picnic Area): Domenic and Suzanne Farnocchia will be hosting yet another one of these events which have proven so popular over the years. While waiting for the sun to set, we’ll gather around a campfire to roast marshmallows and make s’mores. As dusk approaches, we’ll bundle up and watch a fun, family-friendly movie on the big projector, which the kids will love. Marshmallows, skewers, graham crackers, and chocolate provided. Please bring water & beverages for yourselves and the kids, along with another layer since it does get chilly at night.
- Sunday August 8th, Pancake Breakfast (9:00am-12:00pm), Art Show (12:00pm-3:00pm) (RNHOA Picnic Area): Start the day right with a generous helping of delicious pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, orange juice, and coffee (along with refreshing mimosas, bloody marys, ramos fizzes, and other brunch-y libations for those who wish to buy them), followed by an impressive display of talent from our local artists and artisans, along with face-painting for the kids. This is the perfect finish for a fun-filled weekend.