Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rattina returns from the dead to scold Dennis Judd

Dennis Judd:

I moved away four months ago & never expected to post anything to this blog ever again ... until I heard a well-substantiated rumor about your submitting yet another hackneyed proposal to the Russian River Redevelopment Oversight Committee (RRROC) requesting funds for developing the Rio Nido Lodge as a home for veterans with PTSD.

Although this cause is laudable, it is not appropriate for a struggling residential neighborhood. Why must you -- Dennis Judd -- keep scrounging at the government/tax payers' trough instead of seeking investments -- or spending your own money -- towards developing the Rio Nido Lodge as the vacation destination it once was. This would provide a sustainable local business, and offer jobs to local residents.

Dennis, please get a clue, and develop a viable business plan that doesn't involve turning Rio Nido into a ghetto. The people living in our community need jobs & prosperity -- not projects that will make Rio Nido more downscale. I supported you back when you bought the Rio Nido Lodge a few years ago, because I thought that fixing it up would provide jobs for local residents.

I withdraw my support, because you have not invested anything into the property, nor have you made any investments into the community towards increasing the value of the property.

5 comments:

nancy drew said...

Spot on if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

jim and i totally agree. very well said.

Philip Keaton said...

Since it would be in bad taste to say "I told you so," I will refrain from doing do. I'll just say: DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!!!

I miss Rio Nido, but I can't say I regret selling my wonderful house on Willow Road and moving to the Other Side of the River. I saw this coming a mile away, and I took the action I knew I had to take. And now, since the same thing is happening to Guerneville at large with the builiding of the giant welfare Section 8 hotel in "downtown" Guerneville, I have sold my new home -- and I'm moving to Sebastopol. I tried to fight this, but since the commies and lefties who inhabit Guerneville just LOVE "affordable housing," I moved on rather than fight alone.

Anonymous said...

And I don't know who "Phillip Keaton" is, but my name is Justin Raimondo, so there's something very wrong with the comments in this blog, but whatever ...

-- Justin Raimondo

curlyQ said...

Stopped by the Roadhouse on Sunday. Talked to a nice lady who is retired living in affordable housing in a discreet canyon. Those who own and live here have a good vibe going on here. Losing the trash will force those who remain to reinvent the harmony that is there. For me that would be a good thing. I would show up and buy a cabin. Live and let live minus the crime.
CurlyQ