Saturday, January 20, 2007

New "Horizons": Airline service to Santa Rosa offered by Seattle-based carrier

I was browsing the Press Democrat Web site & my eyes suddenly popped out of my head. Horizon Airlines, a carrier based out of Seattle, WA, is resuming scheduled flights at Charles Schultz Airport in Santa Rosa for the first time since United Express bailed out in October, 2001!

It's true, I swear. You can read Steve Hart's January 11, 2007 article, "Horizon cuts Sonoma County fares" for yourself. If you go to the Alaska Airlines Web site (they're Horizon's parent company), you'll find that you can book flights to many popular destinations & hub airports including New York City, Chicago, Boston, Miami, LAX, Orange County, Las Vegas, Portland, Seattle, Anchorage, & many locations in Mexico & Canada.I can't believe it! No more paying $20 per day at SFO & having to leave the house at 4:00am for flights.

It's kind of ironic, because I sometimes truly love being cocooned here amongst the immense redwoods. I'm not even sure whether I actually WANT to have the world at my doorstep ... it depends on my mood that day.

Nonetheless, it's only fair for us to be able to CHOOSE whether or not to pack our bags or roll out the welcome mat & expand our ... um ... horizons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.