- Russian River Low Flow protest: Brenda Adelman's article from the West County Gazette provides an overview of the Low Flow issue.
- On the Russian River -- Oh no, it's Low Flow ... again!: Don McEnhill's article on how low water levels lead to algae blooms, poor water quality, and pre-dawn suffocation for fish.
- Russian River low flow proposal -- Bad science!: Russian River Dogs explain the flawed reasoning behind permanently lowering our summer water levels.
- Russian River Sisters say "Low Flow" means "No Cash Flow": The Russian River Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence's press release from 2004 still holds true today.
- Russian River Instream Flow Restoration page: Sonoma County Water Agency's attempt to explain the rationale behind their recommendation for permanent Low Flow on the Russian River. For those of you willing to slog through it, here's a link to Entrix's Biological Assessment. Entrix is an environmental consulting firm located in Michigan. Gee, couldn't SCWA at least hire LOCAL people to recommend ruining our river and totally wrecking our economy?
Sunday, April 18, 2010
The low-down on Low-Flow
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Low-Flow issues on the Russian River, here are some links: