- Ongoing water contamination (according to the above mentioned article, the Lower Russian River's water quality is officially "impaired" by Federal Clean Water Act standards);
- Property owners' inability to upgrade their septic systems to modern standards because many of the lots are too small & too close to the river;
- Burnt-out buildings downtown which cannot be rebuilt;
- A moratorium which prevents property owners from building or remodeling due to the chronic septic problems;
- I also can't help but wonder what younger folks are going to do when their families are growing & their septic systems' capacities are frozen?
Monday, November 26, 2007
Ding Dong, the Sewer's (Officially) Dead
According to an article in the Sonoma West Times & News, the Monte Rio Sewer project has officially croaked. Unfortunately, Monte Rio still faces huge problems, including: