- Business Owners/Operators: Lynn Crescione & George Zastrow
- Residential Property Owners: Dan Fein
- Residential Tenants: Catherine Young
These folks have worked awfully well together to pass through a variety of worthy projects which have drawn wide support from the community -- including the following:
- Funding for our beloved community radio station, KGGV FM;
- Renovations to the Koret Club (now called the Monte Rio Community Center) & the River Child Care Services building;
- Creation of two attractive parks alongside the Russian River in Guerneville;
- Construction of our first public restroom at the Guerneville River Park;
- Elimination of "urban blight" (um, don't they mean RURAL blight?) via the Spring Clean-Up, & removal of abandoned vehicles & unsafe abandoned buildings;
The currently-serving members have fought for -- & received -- unprecendented levels of provision for public input in the design & implementation of these projects. I'm sure the challengers are equally caring & passionate & have worthy qualifications, but things are balanced & going well & why rock the boat at this point?
Current RRROC Chair, Dan Fein, & Catherine Young particularly stand out in my mind as people who have supported redevelopment project proposals while also insisting upon -- & receiving -- provisions for public outreach & local control. I am also highly impressed with John Uniack (whose seat is not up for grabs this year), for his rigorous insistence upon the exercise of due diligence concerning the legal & financial aspects of redevelopment. I also adore Tom Lynch & Ken Wikle, who passionately advocate for public restrooms, affordable housing, & other much-needed community infrastructure.
Once again, I feel ethically obliged to publicly express my support for Dan Fein, who wishes to serve on RRROC for another term. Current legal provisions prohibit him from acting as Chair again. But that's okay. Mr. Fein is well connected, acts well as a team player, & does not exhibit any major attachment to his chairperson-ship.