Sunday, January 27, 2008

Barack Obama takes South Carolina

(Sing to the tune of the chorus of "Kokmo" by the Beach Boys)
Bara-ack Obama, takes South Carolina
Bara-ack Obama, Oooh, pretty mama ...
Obviously, I'm quite thrilled about Barack Obama winning the Democratic Primary in South Carolina (along with the Iowa Caucus, & finishing a highly respectable 2nd place in New Hampshire ... or as folks back in the North East call it, New Hamster). My husband & I originally supported John Edwards, but have grown increasingly drawn to Mr. Obama over the course of the campaign.

We also like Hilary Clinton (& her potential first laddie, Bill Clinton), & know that she would be a heck of a lot more competent than "Shrub" (Texas-based syndicated columnist Molly Ivins' apt nickname for the junior Mr. Bush who currently occupies the White House). Alas, we find ourselves unable to overcome a feeling that I can only manage to describe as the "ick" factor, & which my husband more aptly explained as: "I cannot handle another 8 years of 'Li'l Abner' in the White House giving the Republicans easy ammunition."

No comments: